Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fab or Flop: Glue gun holder


Up next on my "pins to be tried" list is a tutorial from Shanty 2 Chic for a glue gun holder.  I pinned this forever ago.  It's one of those projects that I keep coming back to saying "man, I really need to make that.  It would be super useful."  So here we go.

I had almost all the stuff to make this already on hand.  Only missing two things.... a 1X4 and a piece of tile.  The 1X4 was easy to remedy but I have to tell you the one thing that almost made this a flop was trying to find a piece of 3x3 tile in stores near me.  We have plenty of tile left over from the bathroom remodel but they are all 3x6 subways.  What to do?

After assembling the whole thing, which was just as easy as the tutorial made it seem, I made one last trip to my local DIY flooring store, Floor and Decor.  There I discovered a tool called a handheld tile cutter I bought for $13.  It basically scores the tile like a glass cutter using a carbide wheel and then you break it along the score line.   I don't know if it was beginner's luck but I got it on the first try.  Problem solved and now I have a new tool in my arsenal.
I did a sparkley silver over my purple paint job and of course the paw print is a necessary.
Overall I would say this was a Fab pin.  I love how heavy the finished piece is so I don't have to worry about it sliding around on the table.  I have two tiny glue guns but it's totally big enough to accommodate one of those bigger models.  I encourage you all to whip one of these up but find the tile first.

Craft on!
Anita

0 comments:

Post a Comment