Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fab or Flop: Pit stain removal

This is one of those pins that I put in the "For the Home" board forever ago.  This is going to be a short and sweet review cuz either it works or it doesn't.  Basically the post, originally from One Good Thing by Jillee, said to use this concoction from dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and poof!  No more yellow pit stains.  I followed the directions but my one difference is that I used a 10+ year old shirt.  You can see from the below before pic that there are some pretty prominent yellow stains to tackle.

I don't have many white shirts left so that was one reason to use this archaic specimen but the other is that I didn't want to damage any of my nicer ones.  So how did it go?


The after pic is a very good representation of the finished product.  The yellow is completely gone.  My caveat is that because the stains had been there so long there was still a dark spot even without the yellow.  So even though the "after" didn't come out perfect, I would put this as a Fab just because I really started in the hole with such an old shirt.  I'll totally be trying this on more white clothing in the near future.  I'm sure if it's a newer piece of clothing there wouldn't be any stain left.

Clean on!
Anita

0 comments:

Post a Comment