Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Full Body Dog Scarf


OK so I'm not a real knitter.... not yet.  I found this awesome purple knobby yarn that I love so I figured, why not try making something myself?  This being my very first knitting project I figured I'd try my hand at the most basic of patterns, the scarf.   So with my copy of Stitch 'n Bitch and some fabulous bamboo knitting needles in hand I began my next crafting adventure.  Of course things never really end up like you planned, but I'd like to think that's one of the reasons I craft.  There's always a surprise, good or bad, at the end.
The surprise here wasn't the gaping holes from dropped stitches(I learned how to unravel things and fix problems very early on), or the wacky twisted "homespun" yarn that I originally thought would be fun to work with(not my first recommendation for a beginner), or even how quickly I finished(about a week of knitting in front of the TV at night).  The surprise was that I created a scarf that also doubles as a whole body babushka for Gidget.  (Being the namesake of our blog should explain that she's the type of dog that enjoys accessories from time to time.)
I gave her a bath today, just before I finished up this goliath scarf, but we had a storm front come through and the temp dropped.  Before she was completely dry she started to shiver so I wrapped her up and found that I had enough scarf to cocoon her into a little purple yarn blob.
Full body doggie babushka......it's a good thing.  ;)

Craft on!
Anita

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly stylish! We have a newly adopted Beagle and now that the weather has turned colder and the furnace is on, she's sitting on the heat vents to keep warm in the house. She's definately going to need a coat for the winter.

    ReplyDelete