Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bag Swap Success!




So it was my first time, I didn't even know my partner, and I didn't know what to expect or what I was doing for that matter.  A little nervous but really exciting, the whole experience is one I wont soon forget.  What experience you ask?  A CRAFT SWAP!  What did you think I was talking about?
I participated in SewMamaSew's Super Style Bag Swap.  Never done a swap?  Its like a crafty one time pen pal.  Here's the basics.


  1. Find a blog or other website that's hosting a swap.  SwapDex and Swap-bot are great places to start.  
  2. Read all the instructions and requirements for what you are going to be expected to make and in what time frame.  Don't sign up unless you know you can complete your end of the swap in time.  Nobody likes a no show.
  3. Make your goodies that you're going to swap.  (I made an extra little surprise for Kelly's dog, Jenna.  This is a dog-centric crafting blog.)
  4. Mail them to your partner by the due date (you will get their info from the site hosting the swap).
  5. Wait by the mailbox for your goodies from your swap partner.

It's that simple.  My partner, Kelly, was awesome and I can only hope that I get that lucky for swaps I do in the future.  (Shout out to her blog here.  A Plain Path)  The bag she made me is way cooler than I expected, but the weirdest thing is that I was going to make the exact same one.  I ended up changing my mind at the last minute.  We both made bags from Amy Butler's new book Style Stitches.  I made the Cosmo Bag, as seen above with Sadie as the model.  Kelly made the Blossom Bag as seen below with her beautiful golden, Jenna.


I've already scouted out my next swap; stocking stuffers here I come!

Craft on!
Anita

1 comment:

  1. Off to a new swap...hooked! haha! I so enjoyed this as my first swap and having you for a partner. Loved both bags! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete