Well the second leg of our garden updates wasn't expected to take this long, especially since I bought my plants over a week ago. We were movin right along, got the roto tilling done when the rains came. It seems like its been raining everyday for the past two weeks. I had to wait two weeks before that because the soil was too wet to just till it over, let alone put plants in the ground. Yesturday I'm proud to say, I got the plants and seeds in the ground. Now we just keep our fingers crossed and wait. The only thing I have left to get in the ground are my herbs and seed potatoes.
Here's a little list of the plants and varieties I'm attempting to grow and how I've got them laid out in the garden.
- Beans - Burpee's tenderpod
- Beets - Detroit dark red
- Broccoli - Premium crop
- Carrot - Kaleidoscope mix
- Corn - Sweet corn
- Cucumbers - Chicago pickling
- Eggplant - Fairy tale, Ghostbuster
- Peppers - Golden summer, Jalapeno, Purple beauty, Red beauty
- Spinach - Baby leaf hybrid
- Squash - Table ace acorn squash
- Tomatoes - Brandywine, Caspian pink(2), Costoluto Genovese, German Johnson, Pineapple, Mr. Stripey, White, Yellow pear
Click here to see the mapped layout.
Stay tuned for projects to come:
Path through garden from recycled bricks
Raised bed herb garden
Concrete stepping stones