Sunday, October 16, 2011

HTTC - Glitter Spiderweb Pumpkin

I'm so excited to be participating in Rhinestone Beagles' Howl-oween.  Animals and Halloween, two of my favorite things... you can't get much better than that!  Today I will be doing a simple tutorial on how to make a spiderweb painted pumpkin.
What you need:
Pumpkin (real or artificial)
Spray Paint in color of your choice
All Purpose Glue
Glitter
Plastic Spider
How to do it:
This tutorial is pretty self-explanatory, but I will go through the process of how I made mine.
1. Spray paint pumpkin using light coats. Let dry completely.
2. Using your glue, draw a spiderweb on your pumpkin.  I find it easiest to start by drawing 4 to 6 lines perpendicular lines and connecting the lines with concave lines. 
 TIP: Keep the pumpkin on its side to prevent the glue from dripping.
source
3. Over paper, pour glitter over the glue. Don't worry about the glitter sticking to other parts of the pumpkin, once the glue is dry it comes off easily.
4. Coat the plastic spider in glue and dip in glitter.
5. Let the pumpkin dry completely. Using a paintbrush, brush off the excess sparkles that will stick to the pumpkin.
6. Display proudly :)
And here are my pups! I can't tell if Cassie likes the pumpkin or if she is just jealous that I spent the time crafting instead of petting her.  Trying to get the spider to pose with her was a bad idea... it ended up in her mouth and sparkles covering her nose and whiskers :)
Here is Oscar, my goldendoodle puppy. I couldn't get him to sit still long enough to take a photo with my Howl-oween craft, but I still had to show him off!
Thanks for letting me participate in this awesome craftathon! Come visit me at What You Make It and check out my 31 Day Spooktacular going on through October.
Happy Howl-oween!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pumpkin! The web looks great and the pic with the dog is hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete