Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WIP reality check

OK I know that I'm not the only one who starts projects and then gets distracted, only to move on to three other things.  Well I guess I don't realize how much of a procrastinator I really am cuz I went through all my WIPs (works in progress) and made a list.  I did this last year so I really shouldn't have been so surprised when I saw how long the list is but suffice it to say, I was very surprised.  Here's the lineup.
  1. Casserole carrier
  2. Temari ball
  3. Stamped fabric pillow(s)
  4. Seat cushion
  5. Egg wreath
  6. Mr. B construction paper dog
  7. Bisque tree plate
  8. 2 Cross stitch kits - whale and horses
  9. Horse embroidery quilt
  10. Log cabin quilt
  11. Feet and perch for stuffed owl 
  12. Frame for Sadie embroidery
  13. Knit bandanna
  14. Wooden ornaments
  15. Needlefelt beaver
  16. Polymer clay ornament
  17. Floor cushions
  18. Tank dress
  19. Crochet afghan
  20. Media cabinet
  21. Easter basket liner
Yep 21!  Two of them are quilts and there are more projects on there from last years list than I would care to admit.  I started that horse quilt in grade school.  So I'm gonna go back to the rule I set for my list last year which is that I have to finish 2 WIPs before I can start a new craft. 


Also in lieu of seeing how long this list is I've decided to put my crafting budget on a diet.  Why do I need to go to the Joann and buy more stuff when I have 21 unfinished projects that I have all the supplies for already, right?  I'm gonna shoot for not buying any supplies until that list is cut in half, with a little concession.  Ideas to make projects better always come to me in mid craft so I'm allowing myself  
$20 a month 
to accommodate them and to allow for room in case I run out of essentials like glue or thread.  Realistic goal?  Not sure yet but you never know until you try.  I'm also lucky that I already have all the stuff the craft club project for February too.  How's your WIP list looking for this year?

Craft on!
Anita

1 comment:

  1. I daren't even look at my WIP list it's so long! Although maybe I ought so so I can actually concoct some sort of plan to get myself in to gear!

    ReplyDelete