- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites ( I used four servings of the vegan egg replacer for both the eggs and whites)
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini, (about 1 medium)
Spread rolled oats and pecans on separate areas of a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool. Chop the pecans. Stir together all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, toasted oats and pecans in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Super good with butter or whipped cream cheese. I hope you are enjoying your summer veggies and crafts. Keep it fresh, fun, and carefree everyone!
Kelly, the zucchini farie