Monday, September 26, 2016

Farm Quiet Book Page 6 - Big Red Barn


Next up on the farm tour is where all the animals like to sleep, especially cows. Who doesn't love a red barn?  No one, that's who.


Did you notice the little L on the hay loft door?  It's my son's initial, love the little details.


I wanted to do another page with flaps and what better way then a couple of big barn doors. I added pearl snaps, which was easier than I thought, to add another tactile element to the page.


The snaps grab onto the felt, 2 layers, really well. The brown latch is just ribbon folded over with a piece of canvas in the middle for support.  The snap on the right side is just decorative but it helps to hold the ribbon onto that door. Here's hoping it will hold up to little fingers man handling it for a long time.

Last but not least I added in a Holstein, complete with udder, and this barn page was complete. Another page checked off the list.


 Stay tuned for the next page. Only a couple left and then I move onto assembly.

Craft on!
Anita

1 comment: