Friday, January 28, 2011

Wishful Spring Thinking

I really do love winter and snow and all to goodies that come along with them.  Theres nothing like homemade hot chocolate, sledding, building snowmen, and roaring fireplaces., but...... I'm starting to have little flash forwards to spring.  I think I've had enough winter for this year.  Im ready to start planting the garden, taking the dog for long walks without having to wear 12 layers, and bonfires in the backyard.  With that being said I fully recognize that I can't do squat about the snow on the ground or the 12 degree days.  What I can do something about is infusing drops of spring into my day to get my fix till the weather changes.  Enter Hugo.


I made Hugo this morning after I found a great link on Vlijtig to a website for paper toys called 3 Eyed Bear .  He was insanely quick (15 minutes) and super easy to make.  All I did was print out one of the free templates, color it in, fold on the designated lines and glue in the listed order.  Yep they even tell you in numerical order the gluing progression!  I'm totally in love with him and I think Sadie approves too.




I already have ideas for a spring bird project with possible bird bath and/tree branches.  Stay tuned!

Craft on!
Anita (aka Major Sasscraft)

3 comments:

  1. Aww cute pup! I have 2 mini dachshunds.

    I just found your blog through one of the Friday blog hops. Have a great weekend!!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...cute dog~!!

    GFC follow *heavensent1* from Boost My Blog Friday...ifn you have a moment...please stop by my place and have a look around... Mad Moose Mama ~ http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com ~ Have a groovy day...peaces...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower from the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop! I would love a follow back :) It would be awesome if you could also follow me on Networked Blogs & Facebook too! You could also stumble my blog if you like :-)

    Thanks, Misty
    http://MistysThoughtsToo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete