Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day, craftin' style!

According to Section 1.5 of the Anita Code, you must complete two old crafts before you begin a new one.  Well I have finished my two and I get to do something for me.  My friend is in need of a Brain Slug for a costume so we have been playing around with a pattern by Alicia over at Hook and Needles.   There was a big slug and a little slug in the pattern and you can't decide which one is the right one if you don't give them both a whirl, which is exactly what I did, only I did it my way.
That's right! Valentine's Day Brain Slugs! I made the two sizes in red and pink to make them all cute and lovey.  Those giant eyes are just too wonderful for words.  The big guy needed something ...... embroidery to the rescue! I had a bit of pink fleece and a touch of red floss and the little heart was born.  The big guy looks slightly upset by the cute heart, maybe he thinks he is too tough for such things? I LOVE these guys to no end, they make me smile and I hope they do you.

It was sooo nice to do a new craft, but it is time to get back to grindstone and get crafting!

I hope you are all loving what you are working on too!
Keeping it full of heart,
Kelly, the origami ninja

1 comment:

  1. I just love it. I am a new follower and I hope you stop by too.

    ReplyDelete