Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Creative Cookie Crafting

MMMM cookies! So as I have been crafting along, still working on that bookshelf, I realized I had been neglecting my baking.  I wanted to try a new cookie recipe, but not just any old one would do.  I wanted something fresh tasting for spring, but something I could at least pretend was decently good for me in terms of a cookie.  I found a recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate cookies and though it would fit the bill nicely, both oatmeal and cranberry were in the name, that screams good-for-youish cookie to me!


This recipe said it made two and a half dozen but I ended up with four dozen little yummy cookie jems which equals plenty to share.


Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1&1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1&1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Beat butter and and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs, mixing well.  Mix oats, flour, salt, and baking soda together and add into the wet ingredients in several batches mixing well after each.  Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden delicious brown.  Cool on a wire rack or stuff into face while hot.

Sage and Abby tried to argue that the white chocolate was ok for dogs but to no avail.  I hope you all are cooking up some great recipes in your kitchens! Let us know what you have made lately.

Keeping it cookies,
Kelly, the origami ninja.
  




0 comments:

Post a Comment