All dogs love snacks but if your name is Mr. Biscuit you automatically become a specialist in yumminess. He wanted to share one of his best recipes so your pooches can feel the love too.
Mr. B's Healthy Kong-sicles
This is a treat I like to make for the dogs all year round but its especially great in the summer when its getting warmer outside. These are great for dogs who need something to do when they are being kenneled too. Remember large amounts of dairy isn't great for dogs so use this recipe like anything else, in moderation. I prefer this method over the kong stuffing they sell in the store. Lord only knows what's in that stuff plus it's way expensive!
- Rubber kong - Make sure you use one that you are able to clean. (I soak mine and they come out fine.)
- Plain yogurt
- Ziplock baggie - Big enough to fit your kong(s) inside
2. Now put your kong(s) into your ziplock baggie. I used to skip this step but I ended up getting yogurt all over my fridge. Make sure you lay them on their side so the yogurt doesn't all fall out.
3. Now just put your kong(s) in the freezer and let them get solid. Remember to keep them on their side.
4. Let any available dog lick the spoon. This helps with clean up.
TADA! You now have a super yummy summer snack for your pooch to enjoy on hot days, or anytime. If you try some let us know how your dogs like them. Mr. Biscuit is always looking to improve his recipes.