Last but not least is a little more about my pups, as if you don't see them on this blog enough.
First up is Sadie!
- Age - 11 and a half and going strong
- Breed - Lab, blue heeler mix. She was a rescue puppy.
- Likes - SQUIRRELS! swimming, digging holes, and sleeping upside down
- Dislikes - People touching her feet and pretzels.
- Pup Fact - Sadie is a published dog model. Check her out in Amanda Jones' book A Breed Apart: A Celebration of the New American Mutt. She also has her own organic dog bakery named after her that I'm relaunching this spring. Stay tuned for more.
Next is Gidget!
- Age - about 6. She came from a beagle rescue so that's the best guess.
- Breed - Beagle, jack russell mix, also known as a Jackabee.
- Likes - Walks in the woods, affection from anyone with hands, and snacks.
- Dislikes - Rough pettings, getting dirty, walking through snow and crunchy biscuits.
- Pup fact - She can't bark without having her front feet pop off the ground. We've tested this by holding her feet to the ground and asking her to speak. She also gets a little sassy when she is ignored or harassed so when we let her feet go she makes sure we remember she knows how to bark after all.
And then there's Mr. Biscuit!
- Age - He just turned 1 in Feb. My little man is growing up.
- Breed - Basenji, jack russell mix.
- Likes - Sadie & Gidget, frisbee fetch, digging holes, and chasing bugs.
- Dislikes - Doing anything but playing constantly or going for walks.
- Pup fact - When he gets wound up playing with Sadie he starts running hot laps from one side of the house to the other. The peak of his excitement results in him going so fast that he starts to slam into the wall to stop. Yes he is 28 pounds of crazy.