Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Return of the Tutus!


Well this last weekend was a load of fun.  Katy and I went to Grand Rapids to take part in

(We tried to get in in Chicago being that's where we are from but it filled up in minutes.)  Katy's cousin Betsy was nice enough to put us up for the weekend.  Now if you've never been to or heard of The Color Run you need to check it out, even if you're not a runner.  It's known as the happiest 5K on the planet.  Basically you run, or walk, a normal 5K but there are color stations throughout the course where people throw colored powder on you.  Sound kinda silly?  Well it totally was and I had a blast doing it.

Of course we had to make sure we were dressed appropriately for the occasion so out came the tutu supplies.  I'm a seasoned pro at making these now you know.    We sat around the kitchen table on the super hot afternoon before the race cutting and tying tule to our elastic.

This is the easiest way I've found to keep a hold of my tutu so I don't stretch it too much.  
Deep in crafting concentration.

And then came the big day.  We made it there with time to spare.  Good think too cuz there were 10,000 runners with us who had the same idea.

I was dressed to impress in my tutu, pink socks, sweat band and orange sunglasses.  Here's some before and afters.
Nice and clean.  Little did I know.....

Yes my armpits are orange.  Everywhere I was sweaty the color all stuck and got mixed together.
I had orange armpits for two days.
There was a fun party at the finish line where we got to dance and throw color at each other.  There was even a VIP dance session for all the girls (and guys) in tutus.  Hells yea!  They also had a group throw every few minutes where the runners would gather together and throw color in the air together.  Check it out.




What do you think?  Wanna do a color run with me next year?

Run on!
Anita

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how fun! Girls from my exercise class, ROCK SOLID, have registered for a Warrior Dash in Kansas City. We should pick up a color run, too! Thanks for such a colorful post! ;-) -Marci

    ReplyDelete